You know what’s even better than the sugary goodness of Cupcake Day? The sweet victory of a completed service learning project! If you are a Chicago High school student with a service learning requirement and a sweet tooth, then you are in luck; you can earn up to 10 service learning hours for participating in this year’s Cupcake Day event. Here’s how you do it:
- Check out our websitewebsite to learn the bake sale basics
- Visit cupcakeday.org to register for the main event
- Scroll through this blog to find printable posters to advertise your bake sale, as well as recipe ideas
- Get baking!
- Be sure to take a few pictures of your cupcakes and sale set-up; you’ll need these later.
- Sell your delectable treats and collect donations
- Email email@example.com with any questions, and to set up an appointment to drop off your donations. Be sure to bring one of the flyers you used to advertise, a picture of your bake sale, a one-page reflection of your bake sale experience, your service learning tracking sheet, and of course your donations
- Don’t forget, you can also earn the Baking Buddy through Chicago City of Learning. If you have a CCOL account, you can get a badge code to redeem for your efforts!
Good luck and happy baking!