You know what’s even better than the sugary goodness of Cupcake Day? The sweet victory of a completed service learning project! If you are a Chicago High school student with a service learning requirement and a sweet tooth, then you are in luck; you can earn up to 10 service learning hours for participating in this year’s Cupcake Day event. Here’s how you do it:
- Check out our websitewebsite to learn the bake sale basics
- Visit cupcakeday.org to register for the main event
- Scroll through this blog to find printable posters to advertise your bake sale, as well as recipe ideas
- Get baking!
- Be sure to take a few pictures of your cupcakes and sale set-up; you’ll need these later.
- Sell your delectable treats and collect donations
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, and to set up an appointment to drop off your donations. Be sure to bring one of the flyers you used to advertise, a picture of your bake sale, a one-page reflection of your bake sale experience, your service learning tracking sheet, and of course your donations
- Don’t forget, you can also earn the Baking Buddy through Chicago City of Learning. If you have a CCOL account, you can get a badge code to redeem for your efforts!
Good luck and happy baking!
Can you believe we’re less than a week away from Cupcake Day?! We can’t wait to see and here all about your tasty goodies and the community’s reaction to all your efforts!
If you’re hosting a public Cupcake Day sale on the Society’s behalf, we want to hear about it! Post the time and location of your bake sale in the comments below and we’ll help to get the word out.
If you’re looking for a healthy spin to the typical cupcake recipe – look no further! These delicious chocolate vanilla “cream” filled cupcakes are not just vegan, they’re also raw! Made with oats, fruits and nuts, this unique recipe allows you to forego the carbs and processing to make a batch of tasty treats that are kind to our digestive tracts (and waistlines).
So if you’ve been looking for a recipe to make and sell for this year’s Cupcake Day on February 16th – one that will satisfy both your sweet tooth and your New Year’s health resolutions – give this tasty concoction (care of by Emily from This Ransom Vegan Life) a try!
Are you gearing up to sell home-made treats on our behalf on February 16th?! If so – be sure to print up the official Cupcake Day 2015 poster by clicking on the above image to help get the word out about your mini event!
Note your name, the location of your sale, and the date and time you’ll be selling your goodies across the front. Then print up a batch and distribute them through your area. That way people will know where to go to snatch up one of your sugary concoctions to help support the Society!
Here at The Anti-Cruelty Society we’re busy gearing up for this year’s annual Cupcake Day – and can’t wait to get the party started!
If you’ve been thinking of taking part be sure to bookmark the official Cupcake Day website and subscribe to this blog so you’ll be in the know.
Here’s to Cupcake Day 2015!
If you’re looking for inspiration for your batch of Cupcake Day treats – check out this incredibly decorated from Claudine! How fun and appropriate would these be for your CD fundraiser?!