If you’re pressed for time and need cupcakes in a pinch, or maybe a quick fix for a chocolate craving, then try out Emergency Blender Cupcakes. The total time to make these yummy treats is about 25 minutes.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line 12 regular-sized muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a blender. Cover with the lid and blend on medium-speed until blended.
- Pour in the water, oil, egg and vanilla. Cover with the lid and blend on medium-high speed until sooth and well-blended, stopping to scrape down the sides once or twice.
- Pour into prepared pan/cups, dividing evenly. Bake until toothpick inserted in center of one cupcake comes out clean, 15-17 minutes.
- Transfer to rack to cool for about 10 minutes, and then remove cupcakes from the pan and set them on the rack to cool completely before frosting.
This quick cupcake recipe can be found on food.com.