Who says it has to be your birthday to enjoy some cupcakes?! Not this pup!
Check out this recipe for the doggy-approved peanut butter cupcakes (created by The Scrumptious Pumpkin). They only take 15 minutes to throw together. Your dog will want Cupcake Day to be EVERY DAY!
Easy Peanut Butter Cupcakes for Dogs
Author: The Scrumptious Pumpkin
Recipe type: Dog Treat
Total Time: 15 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 cupcakes
- ½ cup rye flour (or whole wheat flour or brown rice flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ tablespoons peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, canola oil, applesauce, egg, and honey until well combined.
- Insert cupcake liners into a muffin or cupcake pan. Spoon mixture into cupcake liners, filling each about halfway.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir yogurt and peanut butter until mixture is smooth and creamy. Use a small spatula or butter knife to smooth a thin layer of the peanut butter frosting over each cupcake.
- Storage: cupcakes should hold up for 4-5 days if stored in an airtight container in a cool, shaded, dry spot. Peanut butter frosting should be stored separately, covered and refrigerated. Frost cupcakes immediately before serving.